1/11/2020 – Family Storytime – SUPER HEROES
- Song – Top of the Morning
- This is a fun tune and great for waking up and doing a little stretching. It’s called Top of the Morning.
- Hello Rhyme – H.E.L.L.O.
- We clap out each letter of “hello.”
Let’s clap and say hello…
H.E. L. L. O.
H.E. L. L. O.
H.E. L. L. O.
Let’s clap and say good morning.
- Stretch – Skinnamarink
- This is a great one to warm up to and everyone knows these movements.
- ASL – Strong, Smart, Fly, Brave
- I like to include a few new ASL signs in storytime. I usually print my own flash cards from Baby Sign Language.
- Story – Even Superheroes Have Bad Days by Shelly Becker
- This one is a little long but I think we could really get into it. And it has a great moral.
- Finger Play – Superhero Turn Around
- This is another good one from Jbrary.
Superhero, superhero turn around
Superhero, superhero touch the ground
Superhero, superhero put on your suit
Superhero, Superhero put on your boots.
Verses: jump up high, fly, fly, fly
- Song – Dancin’ with Spiderman and Friends by The Hit Crew
- Just a fun song with a few movements to break things up. I stopped mine around 1:50.
- Folder Story – My Many Colored CapesCheck out my post on this one for more information!
- Game – Superhero Activity Cube
- I have a gross motor cube that I change the sides to. I let the kids roll the cube and we do whatever movement comes up.
- Fly like Superman; Run like Flash; Jump like Spiderman; Climb like Catwoman; Lasso like Wonder Woman;
- Story – How to Deal With Bullies: Superhero Style by Wiley Blevins
- Another long-ish but great moral book.
- Finger Play – Five Brave Superheroes
- I got this one from Storytime Kate. It’s your standard counting down from five rhyme with some movements thrown in.
Five brave superheroes (hold up five fingers)
Ready to save the day. (hands on hips in ‘superhero stance’)
One flies off to chase a villain, (“fly” one finger behind back)
Up, up and away! (stretch arms up into the air, i.e. ‘flying pose’)
Count down from 4, 3, 2…
One brave superhero
Ready to save the day.
She flies off to chase a villain
Up, up and away!
Hooray for superheroes! (clap hands, shout hooray!)
- Shakers / Song – We R Super Heroes by Robbert Bobbert and the Bubble Machine
- We are going to be superheros with our shakers!
- Rhyme – If You’re Happy and You Know It
- I’ll include this one if we have time but with my speaker, I want to wrap up a little quicker than normal.
- Goodbye Rhyme – See You Later Alligator
- This is to the tune of Clementine.
See you later, alligator (Wave goodbye)
In a while, crocodile
Give a hug, ladybug (Hug yourself)
Blow a kiss, jellyfish (Blow a kiss)
See you soon, big baboon
Out the door, dinosaur (March)
Take care, polar bear
Wave goodbye, butterfly (Wave goodbye)
- Song – Clean It Up! by The Laurie Berkner Band
- Everyone helps put our shakers away.
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell my Friends by Music Together
- I always put this one on as I go to open the door. Its a nice, slow, peaceful song to wind down on.
How’d it go:
Phew! We were in the smaller room today, so we were toasty. This was a fun storytime. My stories were maybe a little too long for such a crowded room, but we made it through 🙂
That’s all for now!