Thanks to PoojaG for the nomination for the 3 Day Quote Challenge! Here goes:
Rules to be followed:
- 3 quotes each day
- 3 nominees to be nominated (no repetition!)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Inform the nominees
My quotes for today are:
1. One of my all-time favorites and one I even have a tattoo of:
“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – EE Cummings
2. I came across this one the other day in the dedication page of a book I was reading:
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” – Voltaire
3. Another favorite of mine. Just a lovely little poem about inner strength and so much more:
“Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.“
-William Ernest Henley
My nominees for today are:
Hope you enjoy! Look out for Day 2 & 3.
That’s all for now!